Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO)
The Healthy Smiles Program is an Ontario government-funded basic dental program providing preventive and early treatment services for children and youth in low income families, who are 17 years of age or under. If eligible, your children will get regular dental services at no cost to you.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be 17 years of age or under;
- Be a resident of Ontario;
- Be a member of a household with an Adjusted Family Net Income of $20,000 or below; and
- Not have access to any form of dental coverage (including through government programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works and Non-Insured Health Benefits).
You will need to show specific documents during the enrollment process:
- Annual Goods and Services Tax Credit Entitlement Notice OR Annual Canada child Tax Benefit and Ontario Child Benefit Notice (most recent tax year)
- Applying parent’s/guardian’s government-issued identification (valid Ontario Health Card, Passport, Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Immigration Identification Card, OR valid Ontario Driver’s License)
- Child’s: Valid Ontario Health Card
Program enrollment form:
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) - application form (Word document)